« Home | Introduction--Understanding Worship »

How I study

To start things off I thought I first just tell a little about how I study. This is no way how I expect to for us to study together, but it's just a model of what I do for reference and for sharing purposes.

Every book of the bible carries a different anointing. For example--if you need something to begin in your life you read Genesis. If you want to come out of something you read Exodus, psalms are prayers--they literally alert you to a model of prayer. David was honest in what he told G-d. He held nothing back but respected who G-d was in what he said. Leviticus carries the anointing of purity, the genealogies they carry the anointing of making an unknown person significant. Esther--hidden wisdom, Revelation carries the barach blessing, Proverbs wisdom. I could go on and on.

The point is, in my study time I ask father what he wants to show me today and whatever first pops in my mind, that's what I read. It's amazing how he will drop a words within your spirit for exactly what you are going through.
I also have charts that allow me to go through the book in their entirety throughout the year. (You would literally be amazed at how many people who have never read it all the way through) But everything in its own time. I remember I used to read every book but revelation. Preachers put a spirit of fear over the book that causes people to thin they won't understand it and that it's something scary. But the book says "blessed is he who reads and hears...Revelation 1:3. There is a blessing in it. He never said that you would always understand it. In time you will understand everything that is within the word, but it doesn't always start out that way.


So everyday In addition to my charts and what Father gives me, I read 1 chapter of the psalms, 1 chapter of proverbs, and 1 of revelation.

I know that may seem like a lot of reading, but it really is very little.

MY method of studying is to read a few chapters and then think on how they relate to my life and what was going on in the historical sense. I also look up the characters, events, etc. in my bible dictionary. And it helps to discuss my thoughts with someone else.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Chosen
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Mother Of 5-- I am a writer with several projects in the works that will be published soon. And...Oh yeah--I just happen to be called to preach!
My profile