« Home | The Power of Decision... » | Week 2 Genesis 7-12 » | Genesis Chapters 5-6 » | Genesis Chapter 4 » | Genesis Chapter 3 » | Week 1 days 1 and 2 summary » | Week 1 May 1- May 6 Genesis 1-6 » | How I study » | Introduction--Understanding Worship »

Abigail and David--behind the scenes…(and other notes)

Chapters 1 Samuel 25-2 Samuel 5

I shared last week that I am reading the Bible with some fellow bloggers. I am being so blessed by this, I can not even tell you all the things that I have learned in the past couple of weeks! I love the insights that I am receiving from others and so I have to share what I came across in the last couple of days.
Now I have heard the story of Abigail and David a ton of times but I have never heard anyone say this. If you back track in the bible to 1 Samuel 25 we meet Abigail and we know that this woman of G-d is married to a foolish man named Nabal. We know that he was so foolish that David almost killed the entire household because the man dishonored David. Abigail goes in with the wisdom of G-d and keeps her house from both destruction and David from sinning by taking vengeance in his own hands. To make a long story short Abigail ends up married to David after her husband dies when she tells him what she had to do.
I must add here that as the custom of widow’s this woman had to wait a year before she could even be eligible for remarriage. So she had to wait on him. That’s surely a lesson for women who are in hurry. G-d sent the man back to pursue her, it does not say she was sending letters nor asking around for him. She waited her time out and got her man.

People always say that David was the “King” that Abigail deserved. They tell that story from the standpoint that she was simply married to the wrong man and G-d promoted her by giving her David. While all of that may be and is true-- Do people keep reading in this book after that? Do they see all the hell this woman goes through after getting a “king”? For instance, her husband is being sought to be killed. So she marries a man that has to keep her moving constantly so that he can be protected. That in itself would be stressful and tiring. Considering that women literally had to be separated from the camp during her cycle and not knowing where you are going to be from day to day had to be frustrating at some point. Not only that but David goes and dwells with Achish in the land of the philistines. People who were enemies of G-d and he dwelled there for over a years time. So here is this woman trying to serve G-d and her husband has decided to live in a place that G-d would not have them to be. In that time frame he had fell out of fellowship with G-d. David was backslidden. He was about to go to war with the enemies of G-d to kill the chosen of G-d. See, this woman went through hell. She was know as a wise woman, with a good countenance, meaning she was a G-d chaser. He may have been anointed to be a king, but he didn’t become a king until he went through all of that and learned how to be the “King” he was anointed to be. Had she not known that G-d had sent him to her, she would’ve been able to get a divorce. Some women are going through that type of hell and it’s because that man was never chosen by G-d for them, nor will he ever be their king. I just wanted to share that.

Be Blessed.
Chosen.

About me

  • I'm Chosen
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Mother Of 5-- I am a writer with several projects in the works that will be published soon. And...Oh yeah--I just happen to be called to preach!
My profile