« Home | Things women do to mess their lives up…(and the li... » | Question and Answer Wednesday… » | Site Revamp! » | What is "Saved" and other questions... » | The Power of the 4th Watch... » | The truth about biblical divorce » | Abigail and David--behind the scenes…(and other no... » | The Power of Decision... » | Week 2 Genesis 7-12 » | Genesis Chapters 5-6 »

Singles Friday...

The Laws of attraction.
We can only attract who we are or who we used to be. We never attract our future, we only attract our past or our present. In order to attract our future we have to change our present. So that means in order to change what we want, WE have to become that change. Every relationship tends to be a repeat of the last one. Even when we think that we have chosen someone completely opposite, at the core they tend to be what we had last time. Unless we change our “magnetism”. (Everything in the universe carries an attraction).


Only G-d can change who we are at the core. That is the purpose of the Holy Spirit. To wash us and cleanse us from old things. We can not get new things until we are willing to first acknowledge our issues so that he can change us. You can not do the same things you used to do and then think that you have gotten a new experience. I was once deceived that I had chosen a man unlike all the others. Umm, yeah he was different in a few areas. But at the core when the new car smell wore off and he begin to be comfortable enough to really be him, he was essentially like the others only with him I had taken things to a whole other level and I could not get out as easily as I did all the rest of the relationships.
We need to keep it real with ourselves. When we are in new relationships, we are not really being ourselves. And not only that but women talk too darn much. We get to spilling the beans on the last 8 relationships so they have this list of things they know to avoid to keep us “tricked” into believing that he is different. Eventually, they get comfortable and they forget to keep it up. If you look back, you’ll agree that’s probably how “Jody” was able to keep up as long as he did last time. Women need to learn how to operate in secrets. Disclosure is fine. But, you need to consult G-d about what to share. After all they are not secrets. They are your past. We are not obligated to share all of our past. The word says a fool utters all his mind… But that’s another post.

Spiritual/Natural Illness Connection
nted to mention that every illness has a spiritual reason. Whatever area you are ill in, simply figure out what the purpose of that bodily function is and then apply that principle to your life. For example, a while ago my knees were hurting. I could not figure it out as I am not obese nor had I involved in any activity that would have caused me that type of pain. So I looked up every scripture as it related to the knees, printed them and then looked up what the true functions of the knee was as it related to the body. Long story short the knees biblically had everything to do with submission. I was not submitted to G-d’s way on several things in my life. I was trying to carry those things out my way. The knee pain was a warning. Now when I feel the slightest twitch anywhere I respond with healing and I ask G-d what are you trying to show me. Our bodies are a signal to deeper issues. I just wanted to mention that.
Lastly the dating tip #1:
As Christian women, we should be up front with men that we meet. Thy need to know where G-d stands in our lives and they will never be able to be more important to us than G-d. We need to say that I’m not going to compromise my beliefs with laying down with you prior to marriage, I want a different experience than when I was in the world. I am not going to start skipping my prayer time, my word time for you or missing church. If you are really mine--you’ll keep me in the word and in prayer. You’ll encourage me to do that and we’ll have that to discuss along with other things because Iron sharpens Iron right?…Okay. Tell them it will never be all about you, I am going to church with or without you--there will be no compromise with G-d. You ain’t that fine, you ain’t that wonderful--I will walk off and leave you for G-d. He is my first love. They need to know that and pass that test before the conversation goes any further.
The reason why most of us can’t say that is usually because it ain’t all about him yet so we fear losing some flesh over G-d. The one who delivered us, set us free, kept our mind in the last stormy relationship. This is the first conversation we need to have in the dating stages. They need to be evaluated. (Also if you can not tell him how you really feel, you are already under a spirit of witchcraft--he's already controlling your actions and your thoughts). The men we date needs to have the same commitment to G-d as us--not saying I believe in G-d yet it’s just some words. It is not enough to be a good person. Are you serving G-d with the same intensity that I am? Because if not, then you’ll take me backwards and I refuse to go there. So there we have it, the up front method is the best policy--day one. If you hesitate on doing it, you may end up hooked up because in resisting that conversation you are opening the door for compromise. Just a thought. (I'll talk about hooking up with someone unsaved later next Friday).

Saturday…Things I wish someone would have told me prior to getting married.

Be Blessed. Chosen.

I really enjoy these "Helpful Holy Hints". When I reflect on previous relationships, I do see similarities. At this point in my life, I ain't compromising on dealing with a fool. I've done it too long and refuse to let someone else bring me down. I do have to learn to keep my mouth shut. That's something that I really struggle with.

Shoot...me too. I look back now and I realize that I told too much. I can always tell when an argument ensues and they mention something you told them and not something they know first hand. I hate that. But now that I am aware that I have to work on that, I am able to watch myself. I learned if I talk slow enough, the Holy Ghost will tell me what not to say.

Post a Comment