« Home | Singles Friday... » | Things women do to mess their lives up…(and the li... » | Question and Answer Wednesday… » | Site Revamp! » | What is "Saved" and other questions... » | The Power of the 4th Watch... » | The truth about biblical divorce » | Abigail and David--behind the scenes…(and other no... » | The Power of Decision... » | Week 2 Genesis 7-12 »

Things I wish someone would have told me Prior to getting married…

5. 2 incomes did not mean more money--only if the both income come with little debt will there actually be more money. Otherwise you can end up with far less.

4. Opposites really don’t attract--you can make it work--but marriage is supposed to be simpler than that.

3. Compromise is not an option. If you are supposed to be committed long term, you need to come away with what you really want, need and desire.

2. Maturity is a must. You do not have time to re-raising anyone. It will leave you frustrated and tired.

1. There really is someone specific for everyone. Someone that is just like me, thinks like me who will truly complement me.

There are other things but this was what I thought of today when I sat down to write.


Be Blessed.
Chosen.

#5- I have to admit, I look at married couples all the time and wonder how in the world it's possible that I can comfortably take care of myself and a child and two folks with two incomes together are always messing up money. It boggles my mind. I always thought that if I managed my money right now and he was doing the same then things would be easier as a couple. But then there's a problem of budgets and spenders and savers. I was a spender and I'm still in "recovery" of that so I don't know how well I'd do with someone who spends a lot on leisure stuff. Good thing is God knows just what I need and if I just wait on him, he'll have that worked out so that we complement each other. Thanks for the tidbits of information.

It is always a big misconception that 2 incomes will constitute more money when you marry. But it didn't for me. I had no debt, my husband had about 6 credit cards that were to the max. He had good credit, but the monthly maintenance to maintain that ate up what used to be my abundance. In time we got it down but not without some struggle. I was unprepared for that and therefore I always tell single people pay your debt down or off before you marry. It is ismply unfair for your mate to have to pay off your previous debt.

It's Monday! What's on the menu today? I know it's almost a holiday, but you ain't off.:) Tapping my fingers waiting on a post.

Oh no!! It's Officer S23, head of the blog control.

Somebody slap her, please... LOL!

yeah, i never understood #5, until I got in a 2 income marriage, and became almost low, po, and ain't got no mo!! Doggonit, by myself, all my money is straight. Geez!!

And the maturity thing.... you got that right.

Yeah, you said the darn thing with this post.

Puleeze finish this list.

I think I'm a little too selfish to help him pay off debt that he had before we married.

I totally agree with all the other points. My favorite one is #3 (the compromise thing). I have a friend who has to discuss every single thing with her husband and then they compromise on what they are going to do/get. I told her that would drive me crazy. I want what I want and that is it. If he wants something else, he's grown - he should buy it or do it.

I wish that someone would have told me that he alone can't make me happy. Happiness starts with self.

I wish someone had told me that although we will become one, we will still have minds and thoughts of our own. We will not always be in an agreement with EVERYTHING!

You never realize that not everyone was raised like you until you get married. Well let me rephrase that, I never realized the many different parenting skills out there until I got married.

The most important thing taught to me before I got married was PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!

Post a Comment