« Home | A question…and a couple of other notes » | Question and Answer Wednesday... » | Things I wish someone would have told me Prior to ... » | Singles Friday... » | Things women do to mess their lives up…(and the li... » | Question and Answer Wednesday… » | Site Revamp! » | What is "Saved" and other questions... » | The Power of the 4th Watch... » | The truth about biblical divorce »

Tithing--Singles Friday!

Serenity Asked...
I have a question. I get people all the time trying to tell me that they don't give tithes b/c of crooked ministers, etc. And most times I let it go out one ear. But what are your thoughts on tithing w/time versus money. I am of the belief you should do both. But what about those who believe you can do either or?

Tithing is a biblical principle that many people like to get out of simply because they don’t like to part with their money. MalachI 3:10 commands us to bring them to G-d first. Verses 11-12 are his promise to us of what he will do because of our obedience. But even before that when Abraham tithes to Melchizedek G-d was teaching him the principle. Spiritually you can see it all the way back in Genesis 1:11 when G-d said the seed was in itself. I often hear people say that they don’t see it mentioned in the New Testament but what then about Luke 18:12 and Hebrews chapter 7 verses 5-6, 8-9?
It’s more than a principle it’s a spiritual law. Most people that are rich operate in tithing. That’s what charity is all about to them. Though some do church and charity. They operate in it and see great harvests (The one minute Millionaire is a great book example).The IRS takes 10% out of your check off the top but when G-d requires it they think the preacher is lying or something. And even if he is-find another church. I don’t care what my pastor does with the tithes. I don’t expect him to pay my bills I hold G-d to ensuring that things are done. When I give--I let go when I put my money in the envelope. It’s a seed. That’s kingdom operation--we sow, we reap in greater abundance.
I don’t see anywhere it says to tithe time though I do believe working in the church is important. In all things we are supposed to do them as unto the LORD and not to man. Serving must be done with the right heart so if they trying to serve with time only, but they ignore obedience to G-d’s word…I don’t see how you can compare the 2. So to think that we have an option to choiose is error. I used to have a problem with tithing until I fully understood the whole thing.
Singles … Things every single should do for themselves prior to marriage #1
I have to tell you that there are a thousand things that I wish I had done prior to getting married. For instance. The no dating season. I had entered one right before I got married because of a bad break-up. I needed to reflect on my mistakes and why I had attracted this man when I was nothing like him. But somehow I got distracted by that peaceful time because people acted as if something was wrong with me being single.
There seems to be a common assumption that every woman needs to have a man on her arm. If not, she must be a lesbian or confused. I must admit I was enjoying my time. I felt no pressure to spend time with anyone, I was not pulled in a hundred directions at one time and if I wanted to go to dinner with a girlfriend I was able to do so whenever time permitted. No having to check in to make sure my man had not scheduled anything for us that day or whatever. It was a very relaxing period.
From a biblical standpoint in Isaiah 51:2 the word says that G-d called Abraham alone that he might increase him and multiply him. Verse 3 deals with G-d refreshing us. I didn’t know anything about the bible then though I wish that I had. G-d wants to do some things in our lives minus anyone else. Several of the women in my church have taken the time to start businesses, build homes from the ground up and take fabulous vacations. We can also spend that time cleaning up our finances, training for better jobs and most importantly developing the best relationship with G-d. We need to be delivered of our issues so that they don’t affect the relationship G-d brings for us.
Single-hood should not be looked at as a time of loneliness. I wasn’t lonely, just ignorant. Most of the time we don’t know how to be alone. I don’t mean single and man-hopping with no committed relationship. I mean alone without a date and not searching for the next man. JUst enjoying being a woman taking care of herself. Which brings me to another point that women aren’t even supposed to be looking for him, he’s supposed to be looking for you. (And even some that think they have found us need to be thrown back).
I know one thing, this time I am going to enjoy the single period. I am simply looking forward to G-d doing some great things while I am by myself and whoever comes along in the process of time will benefit from all this time I have to give to G-d. I want to make sure he’s truly head of my life.
Married folks tomorrow...Common mistakes women make in marriages.
Be Blessed.
Chosen.

Which brings me to another point that women aren’t even supposed to be looking for him, he’s supposed to be looking for you. (And even some that think they have found us need to be thrown back). That part is priceless. If you've found that you have invested a lot of time (i.e. years) and yourself in a person and that relationship went flop, I think it's always good to take a break and take time to reflect. Problem is we tend to want to hurry up and replace the person that was the cause of that hurt. We really end up making things worse. Nothing worse than a rebound relationship.

Post a Comment